Foundation Skills in Information Technology (FSIT)
Foundation Skills in Information Technology (FSIT) program will increase the industry readiness of students who want to start a career in IT/engineering companies. The program has been developed to facilitate the acquisition of the foundation skills required in the IT industry today. The program aims to improve student’s understanding of the basic concepts involved in software development. This program provides the requisite awareness and knowledge to understand key concepts that can be applied to IT projects. In addition, the student will develop skills related to the business dynamics and project implementation that will enable one to work in high performance teams.
Benefits of FSIT:
- Student: Industry awareness, Better skills leading to job opportunities in the IT segment.
- Facilitator: Higher training skills, job satisfaction.
- University/Colleges/Institutions: Graduating students who are employable, increased goodwill.
- Industry: Trained, certified resources at 'entry level'.
- Country: Employable manpower with higher earning capability.
Here is the Outcome Based Framework (OBF) for FSIT: