Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Kaushal Kendra
Realizing the need to boost vocational education on a larger scale, the University Grant Commission(UGC) proposes to establish as many as 100 'Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Centres' for Knowledge Acquisition and Up-gradation of Skilled Human Abilities and Livelihood (KAUSHAL)' during the XII plan period. These centres would take-up the vocational education to new levels and offer courses beyond Diploma and B.Voc. degree also. The Centres will not focus on skilling alone but also develop entrepreneurship traits. The centre may endeavour to maintain a paramedical structure of student enrolment with respect to diploma, Advanced Diploma, BVoc, and further studies at PG and research level. These Centres will also coordinate between the country's higher education system and industry to work as centres of excellence for skill development in specialized area.
The main objectives of these centers are to:
- Create skilled manpower for industry requirements at various levels. The scheme provides for vertical mobility from short term certificate courses to full-fledged post graduate degree programme, and further research in specialized areas. The courses would be planned/ designed to have provision of multiple entry and exit at various levels culminating up-to a research degree level. These shall also include courses which are offered under the Community College Scheme and B.Voc. degree programme of UGC.
- Formulate courses at postgraduate level keeping in mind the need of i) Industry in specialized areas; ii) Instructional design, curriculum design and contents in the areas of Skills Development; iii) Pedagogy, assessment for skills development education and training; iv) trained faculty in the areas of skill development; and v) Entrepreneurship; etc.
- Work for coordination between the higher education system and industry to become a Centre of Excellence for skill development in specialized areas.
- Network with other such centers and universities and colleges imparting vocational education under the scheme of Community Colleges and B.Voc degree programme in their region and coordinate with them for targeted development of skill oriented education.
- Undertake R&D in the areas related to skill education & development, entrepreneurship, employability, labour market trends etc. at the post-graduate and research level.
- Act as finishing school by providing supplementary modular training programmes so that a learner, irrespective of his/her training background, is made job ready with necessary work skills (soft, communication, ICT skills etc) and fill the gaps in the domain skills measured against QPs/NOSs.
- Provide for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) framework for job roles at NSQF Level 4 onwards by conducting assessment and certification with respective Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) / Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGET).
- Maintain ‘Labour Market Information’ for respective regions in coordination with other government agencies and industry associations.
- Develop and aggregate curriculum, content and learning materials for skills development in different sectors.
Applications may be submitted under following four Categories:
- Category – I: UGC approved Community Colleges and/or B.Voc. degree conducting institutions with UGC assistance.
- Category – II: All the Central universities.
- Category – III: Other universities and colleges recognized u/s 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956, eligible to receive general development assistance from UGC and which have either been accredited by the NAAC / NBA or have applied for accreditation.
- Category – IV: Self financing institutions not eligible to receive general development assistance from UGC and which have either been accredited by the NAAC / NBA or have applied for accreditation. Such institutions will not receive any assistance from UGC. However, they will abide by the UGC guidelines as amended from time to time.
Process flow for the conduct of outcomes based Trainings Assessments and Certifications for IT-ITeS Qualification Packs by IT-ITeS Sector Skills Council NASSCOM under Kaushal Kendra Scheme
To Start the registration process please click on the below button