National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) is the industry association for the IT-BPM sector in India. A not-for-profit organisation funded by the industry, its objective is to build a growth-led, sustainable, technology and business services segment in the country.
Established in 1988, NASSCOM’s membership has grown over the last 25 years and currently stands at over 1400. The member organizations represent 95 per cent of industry revenues and have enabled the association to spearhead initiatives and programmes to strengthen the sector in the country and globally. NASSCOM members are active participants in the new global economy and are admired for their innovative business practices, social initiatives and thrust on emerging opportunities. NASSCOM is headquartered in New Delhi, India, and has offices in seven other cities Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
The vision of NASSCOM includes helping the IT and IT enabled products and services industry in India to be a trustworthy, respected, innovative and society-friendly industry in the world. We plan to be an effective and engaging global trade organisation, complimented by the pillars of trust and credibility.
The mission statement of NASSCOM comprises of the following ideas:
- Establish India as a hub for innovation and professional services.
- Deepen the IT-BPM industry’s footprint in its core markets and beyond, by building strategic partnerships with its customers.
- Facilitate growth and maintain India’s leadership position as a trusted and safe place to do business.
- Be a conduit of change through thought leadership, research, market intelligence and membership engagement.
- Work with government to shape policy in all key areas of activities such as skill development, trade and business services.
- Provide platforms for members and other stakeholders to interact and network.
- Expand the country’s pool of relevant and skilled talent and harness the benefits of ICT to drive inclusive and balanced growth.
- 'Transform Business, Transform India’ is the overall objective of NASSCOM and its member organisations.